Hybrid working – Warrington and home working
Head of EAP
We provide a 24/7 confidential mental health and wellbeing support service to our client’s employees nationwide. Individuals can call our helpline to speak to a qualified counsellor about issues such as depression, anxiety, stress, debt advice and family issues. As an EAP Counselling Manager, you will be pivotal in delivering outstanding service for our clients.
You will play a vital role in delivering outstanding service for clients, through the effective management & development of your team, providing effective coaching, support and direction, fostering a client centric approach. You will be working with key stakeholders and clients directly, leveraging stakeholder relationships, delivering against key client KPI’s and Service Levels and maintaining outstanding levels of engagement within the team, creating a culture of belonging for our people and clients.
40 hours per week – 9am to 5:30pm
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Lead a team of EAP counsellors and case workers
- Ensure all of the team are reaching their daily goals, reviewing this on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- To drive performance across the EAP helpline team to deliver the highest level of support to all our PAM Wellbeing service users in a timely manner.
- To support team and give clear guidance on risk and/or safeguarding cases ensuring policies are followed at all times.
- To provide clinical leadership, debriefs, and day to day guidance whilst driving a ‘Can Do’ ethos across the team
- To help transform and grow the EAP service, develop the service by providing clients various ways of accessing support and therapy, via our helpline and digital platforms.
- Increase efficiencies within the team, creating a client centric approach, ensuring a high degree of team compliance with all protocols and processes, ensuring team deliver against business plans and strategy.
- To maintain clinical and operational oversight of policies and protocols, ensuring team compliance and awareness of key protocols, whilst working cross-departmentally ensuring consistent approach achieved where needed.
- Assist the Head of EAP with the development and continuous improvement of services, primarily in the clinical operational management and development of the EAP team.
- Complete monthly audits, providing qualitative in the moment coaching to enhance the quality of service to our clients.
- Ensure team absence management procedures are adhered to within a timely manner
- Deliver induction training for new EAP colleagues, and shape and deliver training programme for existing team members, including counsellors and case workers. Identifying training needs and matching accordingly.
- Develop and deliver training plans, including mandatory training required, providing staff the tools to carry out their role safely, robustly, meeting clients needs at every level.
- Attend customer review meetings to provide high level insight and act as a point of contact for any clinical queries.
- To act as a key point of contact for senior leadership team and stakeholders, acting as a key focal point for problem solving and maintaining clinical standards across the operation, including handling of client escalations and complaint resolution.
- To deputise for Head of EAP Operations and step up in their absence, reporting to senior leadership team and providing support as and when needed.
- To support business continuity plans, service levels, taking flexible approach to lead and respond to clients needs including supporting team on adhoc basis when demand requires, including helpline support and assessments.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Recognised Counselling Qualification – Minimum Level 4 diploma
- BACP registered member, NCS registered member or BABCP registered member (preferably working towards accredited status)
- Passionate about supporting their colleagues to be the best they can be
- Enthusiastic, and motivated individuals who are focused on providing client-centred care of the highest quality
- Experienced & proven People Manager, with experience of managing teams, driving performance management culture, including personal development plans, conducting 121’s, annual performance reviews, team meetings and supervision.
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders & senior leadership team, must have excellent communication skillset, and experience of working directly with senior key stakeholders and clients, leveraging relationships and being key point of contact for service delivery.
- Analytical skillset with proven ability to interpret data and M.I., with ability to identify areas for improvement and tackle issues proactively that arise, with client centric approach, delivering outstanding client and people results.
- Proven ability of driving a ‘Can Do’ ethos within a team, strong motivational, engagement skillset, enabling others to perform at their best, with demonstratable track record of team success.
- Experience of working in a helpline/contact centre/ customer service environment/EAP leadership role.
- Experience of working in an EAP operation, managing both Clinicians and Support Team Members.
- Experience of delivering training, induction training and creating training plans, enabling teams to grow and build on existing knowledge base for continuous improvement and delivery of service.
Our Company Benefits Package
- We pay your auto-enrolment pension contribution of 8%, you can also make enhanced contributions which are matched up to 5%
- You will have a life insurance scheme valued at 4 x your annual salary
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays, pro rata for part time colleagues
- Holiday Buy Back & Sell Scheme.
- Health Cash Plan Scheme, which covers you for things like Opticians, Dental Treatment and even Physio if needed!
- Access to Group Income Protection Insurance scheme, subsidising longer term absence pay,
- and essential rehabilitation services to aid recovery.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Access to a 24/7 EAP Counselling line and a 24/7 GP line
- Amazing discounts on things like food and drink, retail, and days out, all through our rewards scheme.
- Support with training and development
Our Values and Behaviours
At PAM we are passionate about people and delivering our Everyday Things That Matter Values and Behaviours to our customers and our colleagues.
Our cultural philosophy is based on putting our people first, creating high performing teams who deliver great services for our clients.
We’re looking for driven and ambitious professionals to join our team, who are just as passionate about our philosophy and values as we are:
- Hard Work & Enthusiasm; we believe hard work should be rewarded, we go the extra mile to achieve our goas and support each other and enthusiasm and passion are part of our DNA.
- Teamwork & Friendship; our colleagues share a sense of belonging; we understand collaborative working means better decisions making and we support each other to achieve common goals.
- Loyalty & Improvement; we are dedicated to personal and professional development. Our PAM Academy mentors’ colleagues and provides support to help you be the best you can through offering a wide range of CPD opportunities.